Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Killing Pablo

Once Upon A Time, she said
and it weaved like the webbing of a happy ending;
She tugged her pants pocket wide-- the gaping

   mouth of fabric
and slipped it inside to keep-- like a secret.

Were you there when he broke my smile, she said
When his pointer finger jabbed my ribs
like a sentence ending in shock?
And I spat whole, my mouthful of laughter
to scatter across the tile-- like broken glass.

Were you there when I did not think of breathing, 

   she said
When my initial inherent notion was death--

   she said;
Unraveling like a plot thick with anguish
and I slipped away with my rubber spine.

You’ll be there next time, she said
clutching the bulge at her hip.
And how he swept the fallen shards into his hands
when no one could see;
and sprinkled them into his ears-- like a song.
 


[Laughing Out Loud - 'the myth']

No comments:

Post a Comment